Friday, May 8, 2009

thanks for the glue

As I mentioned, Steve is now the sponsor of an adorable Albanian called Redion. He began sponsoring him in mid-February. The day we decided to sponsor him, I noticed that his birthday was coming up, so I immediately picked up a birthday card to mail to him, which I did.

The other day, Steve received his first letter from Redion, along with a drawing of flowers! The letter, of course, was adorable, as they all are. In it, his sister, who wrote the letter, commented on the glue that he received. Steve was puzzled by that, and I was too, at first, until I remembered that I sent a package of stickers along with the birthday card.

So, if you are in Albania, apparently "glues" actually means stickers :)

2 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Very sweet. Reminds me of foreign pen pals in grade school.

rachaelgking said...

Awww, that is so sweet! I used to love getting the letters from the kids my parents sponsored when I was little :-) Kate's right, it's a lot like pen pals!