Thursday, June 18, 2009

sew good

This weekend, I may take a trip up to Silver Spring and go to Honfleur Home, where they rent sewing machines by the hour. I found the shop by accident one day when Steve and I were in S.S. and have been thinking about it ever since. It is $7 an hour to use a machine, which isn't bad, I'd say. I still haven't bought one (mainly because I don't have a table in my apartment to put it on, seriously), so this might be good for now.


Anyone in DC-ish that sews want to come with me?

PS.

edited, to add the good news of the day!

I spoke with my cousin earlier today (he lives here in DC too) and he's flying home to NH in a few weeks and driving back with some furniture, so he will bring my mother's old sewing machine back with him for me! hooray!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks so much for the tip! I've been wanting to buy a sewing machine but have no room for one in my apt. This would be a great way to get some projects done!

Mel said...

I just started my sewing class this week.... sew far sew good. *Yes, I am that cheesy!*

Make pink potholders and I will come (and buy!).

P.S. Saw your e-mail will respond to it today.

Rachel said...

Oooh really? Never heard of that! Would've come in handy back before my boyfriend's mom gave me her old one.

Carmen said...

sounds so fun!