Monday, April 19, 2010

too much travelling?

Is there such a thing as too much travelling? I never thought so, until today! I've been out of town the last two weekends. I worked three days last week and four days the week before. Last weekend I was on the west coast, in Seattle and Walla Walla, WA (and in Oregon for about an hour!), so I visited two new states. This past weekend, I went to Iowa for the first of six weddings this year.



I'm not sure why Steve is looking a bit goofy in this photo, but here is us at the wedding reception.





The wedding was at a lovely old historical church and the reception was held in a lodge at a local state park. It was low-key, like the other Iowan weddings we've gone to, where we were among the most dressed up. The wedding was on Friday, so Saturday we visited friends and then went down to the Amanas, one of my favorite places, as you know! It was a quick trip there, but I did go into my favorite quilt shop there and found some adorable fabrics, including some 1930's reproduction prints, which is my current favorite. They are too cute, so I am thinking up ideas of things to make from them!


My passport expires in October and I need to renew it now, as you aren't supposed to travel with it within six months of its expiration. This means that I've had it for nearly ten years, which means that I was in Luxembourg nine years ago right now. How is this possible?! I will admit that I was a little annoyed when I realized that its final trip was to Iowa. Lame! I should have planned a trip back to Luxembourg, so it could go back to its roots and travel full circle :) Yes, I use my passport travelling domestically too...it's just easier, I find.


How was your weekend? What did you do?







PS. My giveaway ends this Friday. Have you entered yet?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have done a lot of miles this weekend. I did not know you need to use your passport withing the US I thought you just used it outside. Shows how much I know. My weekend (as you asked) was spent at a fund raising morning at my church on Saturday. We are raising funds to send a bunch of young adults to the Holy Land in the summer. We had a car wash and other various events but with the Volcanic ash my car looks as bad today as it did on Saturday. Sunday was spent with my daughter at a vintage clothes exhibition so a full weekend was had. I think I am in your swap/giveaway but if not add me to it please.
www.beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com

Southern Belle Mama said...

This girl doesn't do a lot of travelling...I've never even gotten a passport! I know, sad.

That's a great pic of you two!

I left you an award on my blog today. :)

midnight macaroons said...

Awww,you and your man look so cute together. Glad to hear that you had a nice time at the wedding. Sounds like you need a relaxing weekend at home from all that travelling. How was your trip to Seattle? I miss it. I lived in Oregon for a few years. I went to school in Eugene and worked in Portland. The Pacific Northwest is really pretty (fun to visit). I have to renew my passport also. My last picture was horrible. I think the girl who took it was being rude. She took a terrible picture and wouldn't let me take another. I can't wait to get another picture. This weekend me and the hubs went antiquing. I found a gorgeous curio cabinet.

Have a wonderful week!