Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday Wednesday

Happy Wednesday, hosted by Miss Philly!


This Wednesday, I am in one of my favorite cities, BOSTON! If you've never been to Boston, you are seriously missing out. It's amazing, to say the least.

Two years ago, the company I was working for at the time, had their annual meeting there. My sister lives there, and of course, my family is in nearby NH. Steve came up at the end of the meeting, so we could spend some time there. He had never been! Awful. I know.

You all know the story Make Way for Ducklings, right? At the Boston Garden, there is a statue of Mama Duck and her babies! I didn't know, but apparently there is also the same statue in Moscow, given to Former Soviet First Lady Soviet First Lady Raisa Gorbachev by Former First Lady Barbara Bush! Wikipedia has the story, if you are so inclined.

Here we are :)


The next time you are in Boston, check it out! So much fun.
Next time I'm in Portland, I totally want to see the Ramona Quimby statue....


PS. Have you entered my giveaway yet? Go enter!

5 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

Love Boston!
xoxo
SC

Meg @ write meg! said...

I'm absolutely dying to get to Boston... it just seems like such a fun city. Maybe next year? My vacation time is quickly getting booked up, haha! :) How fun with the statue!

Shoshanah said...

I remember really enjoying that book when I was younger. But the few times I've been in Boston I've never made my way to the statues.

And did you know they're making a Romona movie? I'm a little afraid they're going to ruin part of my childhood, but I still can't wait to see it!

midnight macaroons said...

Oh, I love Boston!!! It's amazing and so rich in history.

CIP said...

I really need to get to Boston! I've heard such good things about it!