Monday, August 11, 2008




Oh hello! How might you be?


My busy weekend has come to an end...quick recap in bullets---




  • Friday night Steve offered to take me to see The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2!!! I was shocked, but quickly agreed, before he changed his mind! It was cute! Each girl had their own separate story line, but of course, they were intertwined by the pants. I liked it a lot. There were some interesting things I wasn't expecting that seemed slightly forced, but overall, very enjoyable. Once again, it made me want to go to Greece! I'm excited to see it again this weekend with the girls.


  • On Saturday we went to Mount Vernon which is one of my top five favorite places in DC. I'm seriously in love with Washington's estate, I can't help it! They were having Whiskey Rebellion festivities, so we thought it would be fun to go to. Turns out, there was no whiskey! They had people walking around in the period costumes, and a woman making corn bread with homemade butter, which was delish, by the way, but no whiskey! Boooo!


  • After leaving Mount Vernon, sans whiskey, we found a winery! It was called Potomac Point Winery (http://www.potomacpointwinery.com/) and if you are in the DC area, I highly recommend a visit. It was about an hour or so away (same exit as Quantico off 395), so it wasn't bad. The place is GORGEOUS! We tried about 15 kinds of wine there. The La Belle Vie was my favorite- La Belle Vie (2007) - Smooth and refreshing white wine that is perfect for sipping on the patio. This slightly sweet white has hints of citrus and melons. (see photo at top of page...) They have an outdoor bistro, where we enjoyed a bottle with our dinner. I had lentil soup and pita with hummus. Random combination? Perhaps? So worth it? Absolutely! Steve may have purchased about 6 bottles too! Now I may join one of their wine clubs....

  • Sunday we looked at houses! We went to two open houses. Both were adorable, but smaller then what we are looking for. We saw a third that Steve had seen once before, but I hadn't. It's really nice, and Steve may put an offer in. Exciting!

How was your weekend?




8 comments:

Ashley D said...

Wow that sounds like such a great weekend! I've always wanted to go to Mount Vernon.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you had an awesome weekend. busy, but not crazy busy which is so much better because it gives you time to actually enjoy what you're doing.

Jess said...

My weekend was great, and I have to say that I am very impressed that Steve OFFERED to take you to a chick flick. Torsten will accompany me to those, but I usually have to ask.

La Petite Chic said...

Virginia has some really amazing wineries! Are you going to the Virginia Wine Expo (at the Dulles convention center) next weekend?

Katelin said...

sounds like a fabulous weekend, glad you had a good time.

Britni said...

I love Mt. Vernon. It's one of my favorite things in DC too! I'm gonna have to go up in the fall when the leaves are all changing!

an orange county girl said...

kudos to steve for offering to take you to a bonafide chick flick. what a stand up guy he is!

i don't think i've ever been interested in going to mt. vernon, but since you've mentioned that there is a winery there, perhaps i may have to go now. :)

Anonymous said...

I love wineries. Sounds like an awesome weekend :-)