Monday, July 22, 2013

a baby quilt model?



My dear friend Christine had a baby in February, and of course, I knew that she needed a quilt. I think that Miss Ada will never be short on quilts though, as Christine's mother is also a quilter, and has done some really beautiful things! I fell in love with this fabric line, called Cape Ann, by Oliver and S, a part of Liesl and Co. It's perfect for a little girl, I think! 


I did a simple pattern, as I really wanted to show off the prints. I especially love the blocks with the little dresses on them! As usual, my binding (the grey around the edge, that holds the pieces together), is not perfect, but one of these days, I will master binding! 






I met Ada a few weeks ago, and was able to give her the quilt! Christine sent me a few photos later. Isn't she a doll? This girl could be a quilt model! (is that a thing? if not, it should be).








Of course, it's a bit sad that Ada and her mum and dad live in New York, so I don't see them as often as I'd like, but soon enough again, I hope!


Next up on the baby quilt agenda? A quilt for my godson Ethan! I have the fabric and pattern decided on, just need to get going on it! 


Are you working on anything fun right now?  




6 comments:

KatiePerk said...

You are so talented!! Ada is adorable and the quilt is beautiful too!

Beth said...

So cute!!!

PugMom said...

Visiting you from Plum and June linky party.Yes, Ada definitely has a career as a baby quilt model. It is funny because your quilt looks very tiny in the photo by itself, but relatively large with the addition of the baby. It came out very nice. Love the photo of the corgi in your header.

jan said...

Very cute quilt and if quilt modeling isn't a thing it should be and Ada is a natural! Visiting from plum and june
xo jan

Unknown said...

Adorable baby and quilt

SIMPLESEW said...

need a design for a baby quilt too. stopping by from LGA at Plum and Junes