Friday, July 23, 2010

big Friday night!

How fun! Heidi over at Handmade by Heidi is hosting a Friday night sew-in!




Sounds lovely- (from Heidi's blog)
Make a post on your blog - letting all your readers know about the sew-in. Spread the word.. we could all use the virtual sewing support and encouragement.
On Friday – 07/23/10 - Get your house settled, put on your comfy jammies.. maybe make a cup of tea.. and sit down to work on some of those projects (or anything else that you want to work on.. maybe you want to knit.. or catch up on scrapbooking).
Then, sometime on Saturday - Make a post about what you worked on.. show us a picture or two on Flickr.
This is great, because I am in the middle of a baby quilt for a friend who is due any day now and nearly finished with a second baby quilt that I also have big plans for
(though that is a secret right now!)
I'd love to finish both this weekend...we'll see.
Also, Steve is away this weekend, so I have the entire weekend to myself, so I hope to get a lot of quilting done, as there is so much to do.
I probably owe you a potholder, when I offered them a while back ;)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! My house is in total disarray from packing, so I haven't sewn in weeks! :( I am quite sad! Maybe I will work on something tonight!

Screen Door Prep said...

Can't wait to see the results of your hard work! I need a kick in the tail just to get my sewing machine downstairs where I will actually use it! (So much for that sewing area idea I had...it's too hard to try to keep up with a toddler on *two* levels of the house...maybe one day!)

Have a lovely, productive weekend!

Jill said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see your baby quilt. I know it will be adorable and your friend will love it that you MADE it! Looking forward to seeing the surprise project too. :)