Friday, July 30, 2010

gap attack

I was just looking at Gap's website when I came across these---
Ov vey!
I do remember when these were cool, and yes, I wore them...in sixth grade! That was what, 1992? Somewhere around there? I had this fabulous pair (so I thought!) from Limited Too. They were bright pinks, blues, oranges, purples, PAISLEY! With them, I wore an oversized silk button-down mens-style shirt. I thought I was SO cool.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't.
(I wonder if there is a photo of me somewhere, in this outfit...I should look for one!)
Anyway, I am not sure how I feel about stirrups making a comeback.
What do you think? Would you wear these?
PS. Speaking of the Gap, one of my favorite girls, Heidi, is giving away a pair of Gap jeans, and no, not these leggings :) Head over and check it out, and tell her that I sent you! Also, stick around and read her blog. She's fabulous, and I wish she'd move back to DC ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness me - I remember them and did we think we looked cool? Leggins have never and will never be a good look unless you are playing the prince in pantomime, which I did for my sins. But if you have to wear them 'Black is the way forward'.
Have a great weekend
Beverley x

Barefoot in the Park said...

oh man horrible! i rocked the stirrups alot circa that time too. not cute on anyone!

Miss Janice said...

I've seen them on some very cute girls. Oh dear, will we be wearing them again?!