Thursday, January 26, 2012

birthday week has arrived!

My birthday was Tuesday, so Steve made me a lovely dinner and bought a cake from Cake Love, my favorite DC bakery.




Bacon wrapped tenderloin, bacon wrapped scallops and grilled asparagus with lemon. Oh, and wine, of course. That may seem like a lot of bacon, but on one's birthday, we don't pay attention to such minor details ;)




Strawberries inside the cake! Nothing better.





I'll be celebrating for the rest of the week. Tonight I am taking a Valentine making class at Paper Source followed by dinner with two friends, and then Saturday night I will have dinner with a few more friends at a place in Arlington. Sounds good to me.
Hopefully the corgi will arrive sometime this week too ;)
Do you celebrate birthday week too?

7 comments:

eas said...

Happy Birthday Month!! I celebrate for as long as possible. That dinner looks yummy & I'm so jealous you get to take a class at Paper Source!

Kiki and Lala said...

Sounds fabulous and that cake looks delish :)))) i want some xoxo

Jilly said...

Happy Birthday! I try my best to extend my birthday for at least a week, and my kids all love to have their birthday party a few days before or after their actual birthday-and-family-party so they can have a birthday week, too!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I think everything should be wrapped in bacon on birthdays! Oh and that cake...

I love the papersource classes, my fav is their gift wrapping one in November/December. Take pics and show us what you make!

Football and Fried Rice said...

We celebrated a whole week THIS year!!! It was fun!!!

Bacon wrapped anything sounds DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Shoshanah said...

I know I'm a few days, but it is still your birthday week after all right? So I hope you're having a very happy birthday week!!

Kiki and Lala said...

Lala watched some of it...
Love the quilt :))))
Yay for Birthday months xx