Monday, January 9, 2012

in my closet please



I've stated my obsession with pinterest before, and I just adore it, like most of you, I think! I've found all sorts of clever ideas, things that seem so simple, but I wouldn't have thought of on my own! I'm not always the most creative, but I've found many things and then put my own spin on them, in order to make them my own.


I love some of the clothing things I've seen, and outfits that people put together. I am far from the most fashionable out there...I am quite certain that I need help in that department! Again, I'm just not the most creative when it comes to my wardrobe and wouldn't think to pair some things. Does someone want to come over and play in my closet with me? Or sign me up for What Not to Wear? Stacy and Clinton are just too funny, I think!


I saw this outfit this morning, and pinned it, and then realized that I actually have most of the pieces. Not the exact items, of course, but very similar. I have a similar styled dress, though with white polka dots. It has a wide red belt attached. I bought it at HM last year, but have never worn it, as it makes my shoulders look like a linebackers. I have a goldenrod colored cardigan very much like the one in the photo, and similar tall brown boots.






So my question- how would I wear this? Would I just remove and ignore the red belt? Or would I belt over the sweater? Even though it's red? Button the sweater? Unbuttoned? What color tights would I wear? Brown? Navy? How would you make it yours? How can I make it mine?



5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Either way would look great. Wear it how you feel the most comfortable! That way you can shin through the outfit, instead of feeling awkward.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Can you switch out the red belt for something along the lines of the color of the boots? That would look good to me. :-)

Katelin said...

oh man i want that sweater, i just love mustard colored clothes, so fun. and i say no belt needed, but maybe add tights if you want to change it up.

Football and Fried Rice said...

I LOVE pinning outfit combos on pinterest! I do, actually, need to it some of them together instead of wearing my standby of under armour sweats and a puffy vest :)

I love this outfit and would totally wear navy rights and I'd keep the sweater buttoned. No belt. There is such thing Asa too many accessories (I've learned this the painful way!!) ha, ha!!

Take a picture!!!mive always wanted to see someone IN the actual outfit!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't joined Pinterest because I know it will make a monster out of me, but it's things like this that make me want to!!!