Friday, December 21, 2012

ornament swap!



A few weeks ago, I posted about the ornament swap that I signed up for. Such a sweet thing to do, I think. I love new ornaments, and love meeting new friends, so this seemed like a spectacular idea for the holidays.


I was paired up with the lovely Allison of Nestful of Love, and she is the sweetest thing. She loves burlap! I love burlap! She makes lovely buntings too, and has an etsy shop called Simply Burlap filled with her creations! She also seems to love the Pioneer Woman as much as I do. Remember when I met Ree? Best day ever. 


Anyway. I digress.  


Allison sent me these two ornaments. An extraordinarily sparkly snowflake, and the most darling little birdie! Apologies for the poor quality iphone photo! I love them both, and I love that I can keep them up all winter! I think the snowflake will hang in the window over my kitchen sink. When the sun hits it, the sparkles will send beams all over the kitchen! I'm thinking also that the bird will live in my sewing room. I have a few little similar items hanging there, and I love it. 





Allison, thank you so much for these, they're wonderful! 


I forgot to take a photo of what I sent to Allison, but I think she will be posting them on her blog soon too  :)   Thanks to Mackey Madness and The Smitten Mintons for hosting such a fun little swap! 


Did you participate in any holiday swaps this year? Tell me about them!



********************


Also. I don't want it to appear that I am posting in vain, and ignoring the tragedy in CT last week. It's unspeakable, hard to comprehend, and because of that, I've felt that there is not much that I could say that hasn't already been said, and I have been keeping these families in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. 

The 26 Acts Campaign has been an inspiration. Please look at it if you haven't already. 



2 comments:

Allison said...

Thank you for your sweet words Lexi!!! I am so glad you loved your ornaments. And I just read about you meeting Ree too...that book festival sounds amazing! I want to go!

John'aLee said...

Wow....reading your profile....you could be my best friend!! What an interesting and inspiring lady you are!