Wednesday, April 18, 2012

can this!


Last Friday, I ordered this book. To my surprise, it arrived with Monday's mail! I've been wanting to try canning, and this book seems terrific. I opened it, and the first recipe I saw was for strawberry and lavender jam. LOVE. I love lavender. I love strawberry. LOVE.
My mother used to make jam and applesauce, and I think this will be a really fun project. I've also found some great looking recipes on pinterest.
I'll report back on what I make, and of course, I'll be sporting a Scarlet Threads apron :)




Have you tried canning? What are your favorite recipes?

2 comments:

KatiePerk said...

I love canning! I would also recommend the Ball Book of Canning for Basic Recipes & info!! Can't wait to see what you cook up. I have my canning recipes linked to canning on my index.

Shoshanah said...

Growing up my grandmother was also canning pickles and different jellies. And recently my mom had started canning as well. I actually have a can of her BBQ in our pantry, but haven't opened. And too be honest don't really want to know that there won't be more.

But after that somber note, I've never canned anything before. But someday I'd love to try it.