Thursday, May 31, 2012

black tie affair?


I have a wedding to attend in July, and it's black tie. Not black tie optional, but black tie. In Georgetown, the swankiest part of DC, at a fancy-pants hotel, at the end of July. I've never been to a black tie wedding! I was under the impression that black tie means long gown, but to me, most long gowns look like bridesmaid dresses. I don't want to clash with them (I should find out what color their dresses are, eh?) and I am just not sure what to wear! I love dressing up, but am paranoid that I will somehow dress wrong!


I saw this dress on Nordstrom's website and am really liking it. The price isn't so bad either! It comes in navy or gunmetal. I am liking the gunmetal, actually, and also, my sister's bridesmaid dresses are navy, and I probably don't need two long navy gowns....






What do you think? Could I wear this dress to the wedding? Have you been to a black tie wedding?
 What did you wear to it?




5 comments:

HayleyInWonderland said...

That dress is beautiful! I would definately wear that to a black tie wedding, as long as it doesnt clash with the colour scheme!

Katelin said...

oh i love that dress! nordstrom's has a great selection of long dresses, that's where i got mine for a wedding i went to in march.

Sarah Morgan Thompson said...

That dress is beautiful! Black tie means long gown to me.

Flair byBrandi said...

Love your blog! Hope you will visit mine too! Let me know if you want to follow each other!

http://flairbybrandi.blogspot.com

Aunt Spicy said...

LOVE that dress! Did you get it? I think you can go short, but you need the right fabric, like I have seen some gorgeous short lace dresses that would work at a Black Tie....