Friday, February 27, 2009

say what?

Last night after meeting a few lovelies for a book chat over Thai food, I went home. It wasn't late, I got there a bit after 9am, as I walked. I came in, checked my email, facebook, etc. You know, the usual suspects. I had a cup of tea. I got ready for bed. I spoke to Steve. I turned off the light. I fell asleep. My phone rang.

My phone rang.

I picked up the phone and had the following conversation-

Lexi: hello?
stange caller: hello?
Lexi: who is this?
strange caller: who is this?
Lexi: *hangs up phone*

The odd part? I looked at my phone, and it was exactly 3:30am.

The creepy part? I looked at the received call list, and it said "private," and no number was listed.

Do you think I am being stalked?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty wild. What was the voice like? Was it creepy? Probably just a wrong number.

Someone once called my cell phone at like 7.30 on a random Tuesday morning; the number said "withheld," but I answered it for some reason. It was some guy who said "hi, honey" when I answered. I asked him who it was, over and over, and he kept telling me that "you know who it is." I hung up, and he never called back. I think it must have been a wrong number, because that was months ago and I haven't heard from him since!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like bored kids playing a prank on you. It happened to me once. Best to ignore it. :)

Anonymous said...

probably just a misdial, i wouldn't think too much of it... unless it happens again

M gets text messages from someone who misdials every once in a while, they're usually something like "hey boo when you come get me?"

rachaelgking said...

That would totally creep me out! Hopefully just a prank...

Mel said...

I'm gonna say its a mis-dialed booty call. Cuz really who calls at 3:30 AM?

Anonymous said...

I am going with miss-dial too. But if it happens again I would look into it. Weird...

Katelin said...

sounds like a wrong number or a prank call to me. so bizarre.

Carmen said...

This is why I make a big deal when hubby goes away on business. I would die if someone called me at 3:30am.