Monday, January 11, 2010

quilted with love!

This weekend was very successful! I finished my very first quilt! It's small, but adorable :)

It's a doll quilt, and is about 12" by 24" and is made of scraps of random sizes. I will send it to Majlinda in Albania! I went to the sewing lounge at DC Threads on Saturday and began it then, and then finished it later that night when I got home. I was pleased that my binding came out well, unlike the last time! I used a different method, and I like this way much better. It was easier, though I may have kind of improvised a bit on the corners!



So, who's dolly needs a new blanket? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! That's sooooo cute! Love the little mermaid hiding in there...

bravo! Now you're a quilter!

Kathleen said...

Very cute. Congrats on a finish!

School of Crafts said...

Here's to a few more! Looking forward to meeting you in person soon and being able to feel some of the creations you make.

Football and Fried Rice said...

The quilt is beautiful!! I was thinking of trying to make a mini 100 good wish quilt to match my daughter's big one - of course, I don't quilt, so this is problematic! I though it would be GREAT for HER babies......

Shoshanah said...

I think it turned out so cute! And I love the mermaid patch as well