Thursday, August 26, 2010

birthday spending

Steve's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and he's going to be 35! Eeeek! I've been thinking of ideas for festivities, and I want to do something fun, of course. I have one idea that I am doing, though I won't write it here now, just in case he reads this (he does very occasionally!), but it is super great and I know he'll love it.
His birthday is the 13th of September, a Monday this year. I was thinking of having people over Sunday and making a cake/cupcakes, and maybe going to a pub for a while, but I feel like we always do that and that gets old, like him! ;)
Nearby here, there is a ropes course that sounds really fun. Has anyone ever done something like this? It has ziplines, a ropes course and all sorts of obstacles. When you go, you have a 30 minute training session and then two to three hours of fun on the course. It is $55 a person and that includes the rental for equipment and such.
Do you think this is too much to ask people to spend? It isn't as though I'd invite a huge random group of people, it would all be close friends. Would you be annoyed if someone asked you to spend this much for someone elses birthday?
Thoughts? Ideas?

4 comments:

Annie said...

Maybe you could do the ziplining and then go to the Pub afterward to give people a cheaper alternative but still to celebrate with him. :)

Mrs. Potts said...

I think you'd be fine. Those who wanted to spend it could & perhaps you could go to the pub after that.

We once did whitewater rafting at the US National Center for a friend's birthday. It was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Annie's idea is good too in case there are some people uncomfortable with making the splurge.

Floss said...

Hello - firstly, thanks for joining my magazine swap - it's so good to meet new people through it and I've been pleased to come over here and get to know you a little bit.

Secondly, I just went to a Lazer Game birthday party to make up numbers for one of my son's friends and had a fantastically good time trying something new and unexpected! So I think that people would have a lot of fun on your ropes trail! The suggestion that you give people a second, cheaper way to join in too is really wise. Have fun!