Tuesday, December 14, 2010

another tasty tuesday!

Sunday night, I made a most delicious chicken pot pie! I'd been wanting to make one for weeks, but things have been so crazy that I just hadn't. I went out to do a bit of Christmas shopping and decided that a pot pie would be an amazing dinner on a gloomy, rainy evening! I had most of the ingredients already, so just had to pick up the pie crust and some chicken broth. Pie crusts? Buy one, get one free! Awesome.



As you can see from the photos, the pie came out well and was so delicious!


Please also note my adorable Penelope Scarlet Threads apron (they make excellent Christmas gifts!)










chicken pot pie, a la lexi



2-3 tbls butter
1 lb boneless chicken, cut into small pieces (I used three large breasts)
salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz veggies (I used a can of peas/carrots and a can of mixed veggies, including corn and lima beans...shhh, don't tell Steve about the lima beans!)
3-4 tbls flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup half & half
1 tsp spices (I used romemary, thyme, sage and oregano)
pastry crust, one pie crust

preheat oven to 425*

melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat. add chicken, cook/stir 3 min, until no longer pink in center. sprinkle with salt and papper. add veggies, cook 3 min

sprinkle flour evenly over chicken and veggies, stir and cook 1 min. stir in broth and half and half and spices. bring to boil over high heat, reduce to low and simmer until mixture is very thick.

transfer to pie plate and top with pie crust. cut slits to let steam out.

bake 20 min until crust is golden brown.













Enjoy :)


What is on your cooking rotation this week?


8 comments:

how i met your father blog said...

ooo i LOVE this recipe. i've been looking for a great one, and there are a million out there of course but they look so difficult!!

KatiePerk said...

So pretty! It looks delicious!
Love that apron!

Annie said...

Umm that looks amazing. I've always been intimidated by pot pies but that doesn't look too terribly difficult. Total comfort food.

Janssen said...

I made chicken pot pie this week too. Delicious!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Awesome, and I love the heart you stamped onto the pie -- so cute!

Shoshanah said...

I love the heart on top! So cute!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yum! Chicken pot pie is one of my favs to make on super cold nights. Nothing is more comforting.

Erin Branscom said...

That looks so yummy! :) Love it! I also became a follower of your blog! Erin


www.healthybranscoms.com