Wednesday, August 8, 2012

oh that dress, that store! can't stay away.

My knack for finding and falling in love with a dress or two from Anthropologie is well documented, and I know that nearly every girl swoons whenever stepping foot inside the store, and I am hardly an exception to that! I recently saw this dress, the Primary Blooms Dress, and as always, it was love at first sight. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!

I have a wedding this Friday for a very dear friend from high school, and I knew that this would be the perfect dress for the occasion. I wanted this dress like crazy.


Also, recently, Steve had surprised me with a gift card to Anthro, to buy myself a pretty frock.
 Love him!





The problem was that I saw it online. I couldn't find it in any of the three DC stores. Of course. It was also sold out in my size online. So, I forgot about it, and tried to move on. A few weeks later (this past Friday), I was in Chinatown, and popped into the Anthro there, just to see if they had it. They didn't. The sales girl told me that they could order it for me, but could not guarantee that I'd have it in time for this coming weekend, for the wedding. Since the wedding is Friday, we are leaving Thursday right after work, as the wedding is just outside of Philadelphia, and just a few hour drive from here.


Again, I decided to forget about it. I went home empty-handed. When I got home, I decided to look on their website, to see if they had anything else that I liked. Low and behold, it had been restocked!


They had ALL sizes, including mine! HURRAH!!!!!!!!


Also, it was on sale!!!!


HURRAH!!!!!


It was marked down to just $89.99, and I decided it was worth it to pay for overnight shipping, to ensure that I had it for the weekend. It arrived today, and I LOVE it! It fits just perfectly! I will admit, I was a bit nervous, as some of the reviews indicated that the fit was a bit funny sometimes, as it was a bit high-waisted, but it wasn't on me! Perhaps because I'm tall? Either way, it's perfect and I love it, and am so, so pleased. I'll be the second prettiest girl at the wedding....after the bride, of course ;)


I noticed just now, when I went to include the link to the dress, that it's marked down on sale even more! Of course, now I am mad that I paid $40 more than its current price, but oh well. This means that you should go grab the dress now too, and we can be twinsies  ;)


Any bargains for you lately???



No comments: