Monday, May 18, 2009

make it stop

Okay, so I recently wrote two posts about crime in my hypothetical backyard. Well, it happened yet again. This time, in my building. Yes, you read that correctly. In my building.

Saturday afternoon, Steve picked me up, as we were going to the movies. Coming out of the front door of my building, there was a note taped to the door written by a resident of the building. She wrote that she was robbed Friday night. In the building. IN THE ELEVATOR!

Of all scary and creepy things that could happen, this girl was robbed in the elevator of the building she and many others live in. I don't know details, I don't know what time it was, etc, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

I am more than a little freaked out about this.

11 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That's terrible! Start carrying mace?

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh. That's so scary! Definitely get some mace!

Anonymous said...

it's time to move

Jackie said...

Yikes, definitely sounds like 3 strikes!

Katelin said...

oy that's creepy. stay safe!

an orange county girl said...

that's pretty scary. what's with the rise in crime lately? i'm afraid to walk to work from the metro thanks to all the shootings in columbia heights lately.

Maxie said...

oh wow. i'm with kate-- get some mase.

Maris said...

OMG that is so scary! I agree ith Kate - carry mace (or if you don't want mace, hairspray or my mom got me 'puppy mace' its like a nontoxic mace that she got at the pet store, its supposed to stop dogs in the event that they get into dog fights - don't ask me, only my mom would manage to find that!)

Just be vigilant - I'm sure you are but ifyou're alert and sure of yourself attackers are less likely to see you as a target. I watch a lot of Law & order SVU!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like its taser time. Look both ways and don't be afraid to go for the goods with any heavy object you've got. Stay safe!!

rachaelgking said...

Oh no... I'm so sorry, love. I'm with Jamie on the mace/pepper spray!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to move soon. Does not sound like a good place to stay :(