Wednesday, May 20, 2009

mid week rumbles

  • we had a staff meeting this morning, as we do each morning, and my tummy was growling so loudly. seriously, my co-worker kept looking at me and laughing. it was awful!
  • after the meeting ended, I ran downstairs to get a snack and bought one of those naked drinks...I picked out the all natural protein juice smoothie with pineapple and coconut. its so, so gross.
  • I was really sad to see that Survivor Africa winner Ethan Zohn has cancer. Does anyone else watch Survivor and saw the finale the other day? Am I the only one who still watches Survivor? :)
  • the Mount Vernon Wine Festival was very nice. I'll have to post a few pics, as there are already a few on facebook. I only bought one bottle, which is far below my average ;)
  • I seem to have lost a friend this week. I'm still sorting that out in my head.
  • I'll be posting a giveaway later tonight! It involves one of my favorite things! Any guesses?
  • My favorite band of all time, CHICAGO, is at Merriweather Post Pavillion next month. I must get tickets. I don't think they'll sell out...I may be one of their few fans left!
  • what did you think of the Gossip Girl finale? 90210?
  • I hate data entry, which is what I've been doing for the past two days
  • I really want a pair of lobster flipflops from Tucker Blair
  • I read the most amazing book yesterday. I might have to do an entire post about it, I loved it that much. Sarah's Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay. Seriously amazing. I read it entirely in a day, a day which included eight hours of work!

What's new with you?

8 comments:

Jackie said...

My mom still watches survivor religiously.

Sorry about your friend!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I am so sorry about your friend. We have all been there, and it's pretty terrible.

Anonymous said...

are you giving away a kid in another country? (i know you love those!)

and that naked you picked is absolutely one of the worst! try the watermellon breeze, of any of the fruit "machine" ones... green machine is my absolute favorite! i drink it like it's water! (just don't pour it into anything, you have to drink it out of the bottle, the consistency and color are highly unappealing otherwise)

Anonymous said...

My dad loves Survivor. I watched the first season - actually Dr. Sean came to my college and I got him to sign autographs for my dad and got my photo taken with him.

I hope your giveaway has to do with books...or wine ;)

magda said...

you'd better not be giving away corgis or albanians. hee hee. maybe wine? if you want to know how to fool the post office into letting you mail it (breaking several laws, incidentally, unless you're a vineyard), let me know. Actually, given the amount of wine you presently own, maybe you COULD qualify as a vineyard. Or at least a wholesaler. That would be pretty awesome.

good luck with your friend. drinks soon?

Anonymous said...

The lobster flip flops at LLBean are on sale for $12.95. Not quite as cute as the $80 pair but a lot less damage to the wallet.

Melanie said...

I'm a Chicago fan too!

Do you mean lose a friend in a friendship gone wrong sort of way? If so, I may be going through that too. It's agonizing for a variety of reasons, one of which is that I feel like I'm back in junior high.

Heidi said...

omgomgomg about the gossip girl finale, if i get a chance tomorrow i'll email you my thoughts if not we need a date soon to talk about it :)

sorry about your friend :( :( those kind of things are always tough :( *hugs*