Wednesday, June 17, 2009

my purse strings are empty


When did life become so expensive? By that, I don't even mean the "normal" things, like rent, utilities, groceries, etc (though grocery shopping has become a bit ridiculous lately, would you agree?). I am speaking of the extracurricular activities that life has to offer. It looks like this summer won't come cheap.

Today in the mail, I received an invitation to a good friend from college's baby shower. She and her husband are expecting their first baby in September (a boy!) and I am so, so happy for them. They are college sweethearts and couldn't be more in love. She and I studied abroad together and had some really great adventures (remind me to tell the story about how we walked to Germany one day). The shower is next month, in CT. Tonight I received an email about further confirmation for a bachelorette party for the friend who I am a bridesmaid for. The wedding is in October, the bachelorette is the same weekend as the shower, in August, in MA. Two weeks later, Labor Day weekend, I have a wedding in upstate NY for another college friend.

These are just a few of the events I have in the next few months!

I'm really looking forward to these events, but I guess I better start making more potholders and selling them in my etsy shop, in order to fund these activities!

Like they say, I should have been born rich instead of beautiful ;)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Maybe we should all start doing mass gatherings once a year. Everyone gets together and we celebrate babies, weddings, job promotions, etc.

Anonymous said...

One summer D and I had 8 weddings! I thought we were going to have to get part time jobs just to cover the gifts!

Mel said...

There goes me inviting myself to DC for a week in the Fall!

I only have one wedding the whole summer and thats b/c I was an after-thought invitation.

Carmen said...

I know exactly what you mean!