Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday wantings

Hello! Hope you had a most lovely Thanksgiving weekend. Mine was so nice, I was in Iowa with Steve and his family. As always, it was a whirl-wind weekend, but we did a lot, and I'll write about it later.

I'm exhausted. We left Iowa yesterday at 3am and didn't get back to DC until after 10pm. Yes, that is roughly 20 hours on the road, when it is normally around 13. It's a long drive, but easier then flying, we think. We were making really good time until PA, when it took six hours to get from the PA to MD border, and then a million more hours to get through Maryland. Ughhhh.

Meanwhile. Does anyone have a Christmas cactus? Where did you get it? I really want one, but I have no idea where to buy them! Ideas?

5 comments:

Courtney Elizabeth said...

My family all have Christmas cactii (cactuses?), but they were all started as cuttings from one. Try to find a friend or neighbor that has one, and cut a section of theirs.

Anonymous said...

i saw them at Lowes in every color!

and that drive is exactly why i DREAD driving to CT on holidays.

Unknown said...

got hacked on twitter -- do not click on any links

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, 20 hours in the car. Yikes. I'm glad you made it home safe and had a nice Thanksgiving.

Rachel H. said...

Wow...that's a LONG car ride! I'm sure you are glad to be home! :)