Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy Saturday!

Yesterday on my way home from work, I stopped and bought myself some flowers from the man with the flower stand outside my building. I walk by him every day and always think that I should stop, and finally my co-worker and I decided to stop and treat ourselves!

I love having fresh flowers in my apartment; they smell so pretty and make things much more bright and cheerful, wouldn't you agree?

Here they are, in my little kitchen-


They are sitting on my little kitchen cart, next to the fridge, along with my toaster, a spider plant, some cookbooks and other things. Oh, that huge note pad? My grocery list! What looks like a huge salt shaker? It's a vanilla candle! Two bottles of wine- a sweet desert wine and a chocolate wine from Steve's parents. The blue vase behind the flowers is filled to the brim with wine corks! Lots of photos and postcards and such decorating the side of the fridge too! If you look closely, on the top left, you can see a photo of a little girl in a pink tutu- that is Majlinda, my Albanian baby, standing in front of the kitchen table that I helped their family to buy!


Just a close up view of the flowers...



Maybe I should post more photos of my little kitchen? As small as it is, I really do love it. It may be small and not have much room to work with, it's really adorable.

What does your kitchen look like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my kitchen. Size doesn't matter with a kitchen... it's all about the comfort.... I love fresh flowers... makes any place sunny, even in cloudy weather!

:-D)

Shoshanah said...

The picture you posted of your kitchen does look really cute! I'd love to see more of it!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I love fresh flowers... nothing better. Growing up my mom always had them in the house. I on the other hand never spend money on them :(

Mrs. Potts said...

I love having fresh flowers in the house. And look at your cookbooks!!

rachaelgking said...

I want to stab our kitchen in the face with a fork.

But YOURS looks lovely! :-)