Other random tidbits-
- We watched Couples Retreat last night. have you seen it? Cute movie, I thought. It had some funny parts. I feel like it didn't get very good reviews when it came out, but it wasn't terrible!
- Jill over at Peeptoe, Pumps and Pearls is having a lovely giveaway that benefits Scarlett Threads, a business that specializes in "unique products designed and produced by talented seamstresses in rural Asia." Go have a look at the site- the aprons are so beautiful!
- I am hoping that my Albanian class will finally begin tomorrow. It was supposed to begin two weeks ago, but the snow canceled class both weeks. I even bought a new notebook! I totally love back to school supplies. I'm really excited about this too, I want to learn Majlinda's language!
- I bought a bottle of Firefly sweet tea vodka on my way home Friday night and mixed it with lemonade. Gosh that stuff is good!
- I really love the song "Where the Green Grass Grows" by Tim McGraw
- Last night was the premiere for The Amazing Race. This is one of my favorite shows. Miss South Carolina, a la the Iraq, is a contestant this time. I think my early favorites are the grandmother/granddaughter, the father (baseball coach)/daughter and the lesbian couple. Are you watching?
- I ordered an iphone on Friday! I used most of my tax refund to pay bills, so I treated myself to an iphone! Hurray! I've needed a new phone for a while, as mine is three years old (!!!) and really needed to be replaced. Do you have one? What apps are a must-have?
- I am so depressed because I found out that one of my favorite restaurants in the world closed down over the weekend. It is a family favorite, and I am sad, because I never got a chance to take Steve there! It's in NH, and every time we were home, there just never seemed to be time, though I had mentioned it several times to him.
- I'm thinking about hosting a giveaway soon. I enjoy them. Also, I know I mentioned this before, but I am still thinking of organizing a swap. Still want to play?
- I came across at etsy shop (via twitter) that sells the most lovely dresses for weddings. Isn't this lovely? I think it is ideally a bridesmaid dress, but maybe I can wear it to one (or all!) of the six weddings that I have this year? I think I adore it.
What's new with you?