Friday, December 11, 2009

I do love my brother (despite what Liz thinks)

This past weekend was the second annual holiday cookie swap. The lovely Liz posted a funny story about yours truly, from a conversation that happened there. Go read it, then come back here. I'm a bit goofy, but you already knew that!

For the record, I love my brother! He's fine. His car isn't fine, but he is, and so is his girlfriend, who was in the very mangled car with him. It wasn't as though I wasn't concerned about him; of course I was. My family seems to have a slight round-about way of relaying information to one another, so my mother told me towards the end of our phone conversation. Judging by her tone, it wasn't super serious, so I told the story in a light-hearted way. If it were serious, she would have called as soon as she found out. You know what I mean, right?

Oh, and I do adore Veggie Tales. If you don't know their 8 Polish Foods of Christmas, you are seriously missing out :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, my mom is the complete opposite. if it's something serious she throws it into a conversation like "i went to the grocery store" instead it's "your aunt was diagnosed with (insert genetic disease here)"
and if it's something ridiculous she calls me up in the middle of the night and harriedly tells me "i'm sending you a newspaper clipping because someone from the town you used to work near got into a bad car accident"
um, okay.
mom's are crazy.
you're kinda crazy, but we all are, and you're the good kind of crazy : )

Rachel H. said...

You are too funny!! :)

Beth Dunn said...

Glad your brother and gf are ok. xoxo

SC