Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday again?

You know, I really think that a four day work week and a three day weekend would be a good thing. I know I'm not the only one feeling like this! I'd be so much more productive, and far less grumpy! Ha!



Saturday is over, but it was a good one. I met a classmate at a nearby coffeeshop to go over our powerpoint presentation for class tomorrow night. Education in Kosovo...woo hooo! Then Steve and I went out to Tyson's Corner, in VA. I wanted to check out the $1 flipflips, but of course, by the time I got there, they were gone. As it turned out, they were the very basic ones on sale, the ones that hurt my feet, so it wasn't a big disappointment anyway. I wandered around, but didn't find anything else that I couldn't live without. I went into a few other places, but didn't buy anything. I went into Crabtree and Evelyn, which I love, but rarely, if ever, buy anything. Interestingly, I found some perfume called Found on sale for 75% off, so it was about $11. I'd been needing (okay, wanting!) some new purfume and this smells so nice! So, that was good.



Oh! They opened a new Cake Love in Tyson's and yesterday was the grand opening. I met Warren Brown, the owner AND had him sign a copy of the new cookbook he recently came out with! It's a gorgeous cookbook. I had actually bought it for a friend for her bridal shower a few weeks ago (I couldn't go, I was in Iowa for a wedding), but I think I may make it my signature bridal shower gift.



We also stopped by Penzeys in Falls Church where I picked up some spices. I am seriously in love with that store. If you haven't been, go!



There is also a store at Tysons that I love that has lots of Vera Bradley. I'm not the only one obsessed with Vera, am I? Well, I went in to see the new colors that just came out, and all of the retiring styles were 50% off...but, I was a good girl and resisted...for now...haha!



Now? Brunch with Steve, somewhere in Adams Morgan...then, must do homework. I have three remaining projects for my Childrens Literature class that I must finish soon. Like, this week. Then I have a few slides to make for the powerpoint for tomorrow's presentation on education in Kosovo. I get to talk about when Sesame Street came to Kosovo! Come on, who doesn't love Big Bird? You know you do!

No comments: