- I really want to dislike the song "With You" by Chris Brown, on principle, because I don't like him or what he did to Rihanna, but I can't dislike it, I think it is a good song. Does this make me a horrible person? Do things like this happen to you?
- I bought a magnolia tree this weekend! We went to Mount Vernon's annual garden days sale and I found it! It's adorable, in a little pot and has a little bud! I'll have to post a picture!
- I'm about halfway through season two of How I Met Your Mother and I don't know how I lived so long without it in my life. Seriously, I am in love with this show
- over the weekend, I made a few trivets and coasters from wine corks. they are so cool. I'll post pictures of those too
- I think I might do another contest/giveaway. I find them fun for some reason
- one of my classes ends tomorrow and the other ends next week. I am so happy to have the summer off, though I'd rather just be done with the entire masters...remind me not to get another one!
- I still have a flowering pointsettia plant on my desk. I got it from a co-worker in December and it still looks really good. want a picture of that too? :)
- I had three letters from my Albanian babies last week. I'll have to do a post about them, because I received new pictures, which I love. They melt my heart!
- I'm sure you've heard the news story about the Nazi criminal in Ohio that was granted a stay? It really infuriates me...especially the comment by his granddaughter, when she said something about how she wouldn't want to see anyone treated as badly as her grandfather was. I'm sorry, but what he did to thousands of Jews at Sobibor? Yeah, that was a million times worse. I haven't been to Sobibor, but I've spoken to a survivor of the escape, and I've also been to Auschwitz about a dozen or so times. Don't even think that what your grandfather did was okay.
- I had a black cardigan from H&M that was so perfect, but I somehow lost it. It was just gone, with no explanation. Equally puzzling, it reappeared as mysteriously as it was gone, though now? It's too small. I have no idea what happened, but I ordered a new one from Old Navy for $10
- this weekend is the used book sale at the Arlington Public Library. I'm sure I will post about this before the week ends, but plan to go, it is so worth it!
- last week, I got an email saying that four of my twitters had stopped following me (they qwittered my twitter! hahaha). I was then amused to see, two days later, that one began following me again
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Bullets of randomness, because I can