Wednesday, March 25, 2009

let's get this party started

I have loud upstairs neighbors. This is nothing new; they’ve been loud for a long time, but I think it really drove me nuts when they decided to have a party last night from 11pm-1am, complete with loud, pounding music that made my walls vibrate. I could hear several people up there, talking loudly and laughing. Now, I live in a studio and the apartment above me is the same size. I know that when even one person is over, it’s a bit ridiculous, because of the small size, so I can’t imagine how they had so many. Does this person upstairs not have a bed??? I called and left a message at the rental office (yes, at 11:45pm) and called again this morning and spoke to someone, asking them to please ask this person to be considerate of their neighbors. I wasn’t about to walk up there last night and knock on the door. What if the masked gunman lives there?

Was this wrong of me, to call and complain like that? Like I said, this noise factor has been going on for quite some time and this is the first time I’ve said something about it. I don’t think I am being too sensitive about it, as it was a Tuesday and midnight. There are older people in my building, that I am sure don’t appreciate it either. What would you have done?

4 comments:

Janssen said...

I would have complained. Loudness after midnight on a weeknight is just unkind.

VpO said...

Not wrong at all. If it keeps up, call the police. I've done that before.

an orange county girl said...

last year, our downstairs neighbor called the cops on my BF and i because our windows were open and she could hear our TV because her windows were open too (i guess our TV was too loud and it was only 9 pm). obviously your situation is worse than this, so call the cops. and there's no harm in calling building management about your noisy neighbor.

Jackie said...

ughhh I hate loud people! I get up for work a lot earlier than the average person so I am especially sensitive to people being loud at night!