Tuesday, March 17, 2009

when Irish eyes are smiling

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Since it's nearly over and I am home eating dinner (and okay with that, might I add), I thought I'd wish you a happy day. I actually celebrated over the weekend with some of my favorite people. We went to a winery (shocking, I know, I never go to wineries!) calledChateau O'Brien, which is way out on I-66, in a really lovely spot.

I'll share a few pictures of the fun.

















































See the food photos? They had corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, Sheppards pie, Irish cheeses and bread...but best of all- GUINNESS CHEESECAKE!!! Yes, it was as amazing as it sounds, and I must find a recipe. They were tiny little tart, so it was okay to eat about 30 of them, right? Okay, I didn't have that many...but I wouldn't have minded, ha!


See the picture of me holding the wine glass and a tiny green plastic mug? They were hiding those all over the winery with prizes inside. I found a ticket inside mine saying that I had won a free glass of wine! They had an apple wine that was fabulous.


See the picture of the case of wine bottles? They were doing a deal where if you bought a case, you were entered into a drawing to win a free week at a cottage at the Outer Banks in NC. There were eight of us there, so we all went in together! It was a four bedroom cottage, so it would have been fine. No word on winning yet, but my fingers are crossed!


How was your St. Pats? What did you do to celebrate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm at home with a pint, doing Russian ... and it's perfect. More perfect, however, if I could get my hands on some Guinness cheesecake ...

I sent a card to my sister this year that said "when irish eyes are smiling, it's time to call a cab." HA.

leprechaun love!

rachaelgking said...

Your fun was a lot more grown up than mine! Looks like a blast, though :-)

Carmen said...

looks like FUN!

an orange county girl said...

you? like wine? no way! :) looks like you had fun!