Friday, May 16, 2008

Fridayyyyyyy

Finally, Friday! Though it is raining, but I can deal.

I wore my adorable new rain boots today, but I am not sure how I feel about them! They fit fine in the foot, but around my calves, they are TIGHT! Maybe I have fat calves? I'm unsure...

I am currently reading Certain Girls, the new book by Jennifer Wiener. I'll be discussing it at Heidi's bookclub on Monday! Excellent. I'm about halfway through, and it is very good so far. I've read her other's and always enjoyed them. I read several chapters last night, and decided to read a few more this morning before I left for work. This was a bad idea...I was late for work. Oh well, it is Friday and my boss is out. Nobody noticed. Now of course, I am mad at myself for not bringing it with me. Since my boss is out and there are four people here today, I could totally have done an hour lunch with the book at my favorite Dupont lunch spot, which is luckily about a block from my office! I have another book though...I'll go anyway!

Yesterday I went to Whole Foods and purchased a few planting kits. They had a few of those sets that comes with planters, dirt and seeds. One should grow oregano, rosemary, basil and parsley and the other should grow lavender, mint and chamomile. So, I planted those with the hopes that they grow! I also had to replant my bamboo plant, as he was getting too big for his container. I have no idea where this green thumb is coming from....like I even have a garden or even a plot of grass...I have a window facing Capitol Hill, so that should work for something, eh?

Oh, and yay for California, for legalizing same-sex marriages!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I will be at the book club too! I read like 10 chapters last night :)

Lauren said...

I love book clubs! I have my own one here as well.

Also--The California thing IS really exciting! My old roommate can now get married there and I'm really happy for him.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Lexiloo. Just found you through Heidi, and thought I'd drop by.

Also? As if your blog wasn't enough to keep me coming back (which, of course, it is)? We have the coolest thing ever in common. I'm sponsoring a little boy from Albania through world vision! His name is Marinel. He's the cutest kid ever.

Happy weekend!

Lara Ziobro said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think you're going to love the rest of Certain Girls. Totally got me crying by the end...