Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hello lovelies!

It is Tuesday afternoon and I actually stayed home from work today. Not because I was sick, per se, but I woke up exhausted and thought a day at home would benefit me. So, sent an "I'm not feeling well" email to the boss, and turned over and went back to sleep. I woke up around 10am. Ahhh, sweet bliss.

I went out to dinner last night with two fabulous ladies. We had a great time and hopefully it will happen again soon! If you are in DC, I suggest heading to Chinatown and going to Ella's Wood-fired Pizza and trying some sangria and a polpotini pizza. Delish!

I think my neighbor has moved out. I haven't seen him in a while, and I just heard a bit of commotion in the hallway, and there are workmen going in and out of his apartment. Sad. Derrick was cool!

One of my summer classes begins tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it- it's called Children's Literature, and from what I've heard from others who took it in the past, we read a lot of childrens books, and then the final project is to write one of our own! My other summer class begins in June. The month of June will be Hellish- on Wednesdays, I have class from 1:30 to 9:30! I didn't do that on purpose, obviously...

You know those wallflowers from Bath and Body Works? I have one in my kitchen, and I just changed the bulb, and now my kitchen smells like cherry pie. Yum. It's making me hungry.

My seeds are beginning to sprout!

We had a great time at the wine festival at Mount Vernon. Between the two of us, Steve and I bought 12 bottles...

What did you think of the Gossip Girl finale?

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Ooohh, I love the "i'm not feeling well" day. Sometimes you just REALLY need it.

Your lit class sounds fabulous! I never had a lit class that different...I hope you enjoy it!

Regarding the Gossip Girl finale, I thought it was okay. I was happy they got rid of Georgina (and in an awesome way!) I was sad that Dan and Serena ended it (even though it's teenage melodrama and they'll probably get back together next season.) I was glad Chuck admitted his feelings, but upset that he went back to his old ways in the end (stupid chuck). And Nate and Vanessa? Really, they just ended like that? All in all, I have to remind myself that they're high schoolers and when I do, it makes sense. They're fickle and not thinking. I was just happy that it wasn't a cliffhanger!

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

Getting ready to watch it on the internet now - gossip girl............

I love Matchbox - have your tried that..........

Jackie said...

Good luck with your class today!

Ohmygoshi said...

Everyone needs a "personal day" every now and then. I have yet to watch the GG finale, but I'm pretty pumped about it!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in love with the spaghetti and meatballs at Ella's. I like their pizzas, too, but something about those meatballs ... yummy.

I'm totally jealous of your sick day. I can't tell you how many times I hear my alarm and thing, you know what, I'm really feeling pretty sick today, now that I think about it... Never have had the guts to call in, though!