Wednesday, May 14, 2008

mid week-weakness

How is it only Wednesday? Seriously?

My godson, via my best friend, sent me a Happy Godmother's Day card along with a few new pics. He's seriously the most adorable baby! He'll be a year in July and he's huge! Renee isn't having a big party for him (long story) but I have a wedding to go to the weekend after his birthday, so I will probably go home for the week. That will be nice.

This weekend Steve and I, along with a few friends, are going to Mount Vernon for their annual jazz and wine festival. I'm looking forward to it. I've been wanting to go for ages, and just never got around to it in the past, but finally remembered to buy tickets this year. I love Mount Vernon, it is one of my favorite places in the DC area. We go pretty often and it never gets old. We went to the Christmas candlelit tour, which was gorgeous. I think this one will be lovely too, with the sun setting over the Potomac, wine, cheese and my boy!

Any plans for Memorial Day weekend?

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Where is Mount Vernon? I love wine festivals!

Jackie said...

OooOo fun, maybe we will venture out there this weekend. We live in Dupont.

Jamie Lovely said...

I'm going to see Kanye West next Friday! Those are my plans :)