Monday, October 5, 2009

weddingweddingweddings

This coming weekend should be interesting.

Two weddings, two states, one weekend. One Lexi as a bridesmaid.

Saturday is a wedding in NH, Sunday in CT. Roughly three hours between the two. The wedding on Sunday isn't until 5pm, which is nice!

I had figured we'd fly to Boston, rent a car, drive to NH, drive to CT, drive back to Boston to fly back here. Of course, because I am an idiot sometimes, I failed to look for flights until this past weekend and they were literally about $600 to fly from here to Boston! Looks like we'll be driving. Friday is a busy day at work, so I can't leave early, so we will be leaving DC Friday afternoon during rush hour on a holiday weekend. Awesome. It's a good nine hour drive to NH from DC too. At least Monday is the holiday, so we can drive back then, and since we'll be coming from CT, it will be shorter. Plus, Steve is excited because there are a few White Castles in NJ that we will stop at. His favorite, not mine...I think they are kinda gross!

I still don't know what to wear to the Saturday wedding. I am still totally and utterly in love with this dress and reallyreallyreally want it, but since the bridesmaid dress will cost at least $75 in alterations, that is a priority, right? I have several dresses I could wear, of course, but I feel like I wear the same three dresses to all the weddings I go to, and I want a pretty new one! Blargh.

Anyone want to buy me the dreamy dress for Saturday? I'll wear it to your wedding too :)

After this weekend, no more weddings. I think I am going to put a freeze on all things wedding until my own comes along. Am I wrong in feeling this way? :)

12 comments:

Jackie said...

I didn't even know there was a holiday Monday! We don't get off for it. Boo :(

Have fun at the weddings!

Anonymous said...

sometimes you just gotta' take a stand
besides, other people's weddings sre so expensive (fun, but expensive)... and you could redirect all that money to your own wedding needs :)

Rachel H. said...

Wow!! Sounds like it's going to be a super busy!! I can't imagine! Makes me want to go take a nap!

Renee said...

You can wear anything to the Sat wedding bec. the guests there prob. haven't been at the other weddings where you wore the dress. Are we still on for Breakfast Saturday?

Renee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee said...

I think it is about time for you to put a moritorium on other people's weddings. Sorry I keep double posting comments. Can you delete one?

Mel said...

Hell... I am waiting for someone to get married... I haven't been to a wedding since last summer and for that one I got sooo sick at the wedding.

If I buy you the dress right now will it still be in fashion in a year or 2 and would it be worth the flight to the Pac Northwest?

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Not sure if it would help at all, but when I did my semester in DC I flew back and forth a few times out of BWI to Manchester NH. Southwest runs a direct flight and prices are usually decent. Depending on where in NH the wedding is, it might be closer then having to drive up from Boston.

Katelin said...

i wish i got monday off! but glad you do since you'll be on the go all weekend. good luck with the weddings!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Lexi,
Have fun this weekend. I remember those days a long time ago when there was one wedding after another. We had 3 in one day...could only make it to 2 though. Where in New Hampshire and Connecticut? When you're driving on Rt 95 north and enter RI, wave to the right and I'll wave back!!
~Karen`

Jill said...

You are not wrong for feeling this way. I get it. I even thought about getting married on the beach with just family b/c I'm so over weddings. :)

Today I received the package from you. THANK YOU. I love everything. Did you make the pot holders? They are so cute.

Corrie said...

Cute dress. Have a great upcoming weekend. You'll be gorgeous --whatever you wear.